Caroline Crouch wiki
- Caroline Crouch, 20, was strangled at the home she shared with 33-year-old husband Babis Anagnostopoulos
- Three armed men are believed to have raided her house, killing the family dog before tying up Babis
- Caroline was tortured to reveal location of valuables, before she was killed in front of 11-month-old daughter
- Men fled with £33,000 in cash and possessions, and are now being hunted by Greek police
- The country’s government have issued a €300,000 (£258,000) reward for information
A British woman has been tortured and murdered in front of her 11-month-old daughter during a horror home invasion in Greece.
Caroline Crouch, 20, was strangled at the home she shared with 33-year-old husband Charalambos ‘Babis’ Anagnostopoulos in the Glyka Nera suburb of Athens early Tuesday.
Police say three men – some of whom were armed with pistols – broke into the family home around 5am while a fourth stood guard outside.
The trio killed the family dog, tied up Babis – a helicopter pilot – then tortured Caroline for an hour to get her to reveal the location of the family’s valuables, before strangling her.
The men then took jewellery worth worth £21,500 and £13,000 in cash, and fled.
The Greek government have issued a €300,000 (£258,000) reward for information, Greek news outlet The Dawn reported.
Babis was today seen briefly returning to his home to pick up personal possessions whilst accompanied by three police officers, according to Greek newspaper Proto Thema.
A TV news video showed the moment he was questioned by journalists as he got into his car to leave.
Babis, who was visibly distressed, said in Greek that his wife’s killers would be caught and added that they had ‘begged’ the men not to hurt them.
On Tuesday evening, heartbreaking footage emerged showing Caroline playing with her baby at the beach earlier this year.
In what was her final Instagram video, the young mother was seen holding and kissing her cherished child
- A 20-year-old British woman – named locally as Caroline (left) – was strangled to death at the home she shared with husband Babis Anagnostopoulos, 33, and their baby daughter (together right) in Athens early this morning (scene inset). Police say three men broke into the property while a fourth stood guard outside, breaking a ground floor window to get in before killing the family dog. The burglars then made their way to the bedroom where they tied and gagged Babis, before restraining Caroline. Police say Caroline was tortured to reveal the location of the family’s valuables, then strangled while the couple’s daughter lay close by. The burglars then fled with cash and jewellery worth £33,000. Babis was eventually able to reach a phone and call police, who have launched an investigation.